Klein High School Internship
- Gain insights into job and college readiness with guidance from professional coaches.
- Explore various roles within nonprofit organizations to broaden their perspective.
- Enhance personal communication skills by sharing experiences and learning from peers.
- Widen their understanding of the needs of the clients served by each Host Agency.
- Acquire valuable hands-on training, fostering the development of workplace skills.
- Have the opportunity to make new friends and build connections within the internship community.
- High school students in their sophomore, junior, or senior year in a Dallas-area school are eligible.
- Applicants must be 16 years old by June 1 to apply.
- Selection is based on merit, and considerations such as religion, race, or ethnicity are not taken into account.
How to Apply
- The application is divided into four sections—contact information, internship preferences, extended response questions, and references.
- The application opens on Sunday, January 7, 2024.
- All applications must be submitted by Sunday, March 8, 2024.
What to Expect
- Interview Scheduling
After submitting your application, expect to receive an email with a 30-minute interview slot. All interviews are scheduled for Sunday, March 17, 2024, and will be in-person at JFS Dallas.
- Host Agency Information Packet
All applicants will receive an emailed packet introducing the host agency and detailing available summer internships. The packet includes information about the agency, internship locations (some remote, some in-person), and job descriptions. Use this info to decide on your top-choice internships!
- Meet & Greet
Successful candidates from the interview process will attend an in-person Meet & Greet on Thursday, April 4, 2024. This event allows you to interact with the Internship Coordinators for your top choice agencies. You’ll then finalize your internship preferences. Agencies will select their preferred interns, and JFS will match you with a mutually chosen internship.
- Notification of Selection
Notifications regarding your internship status will be sent out by Friday, April 12, 2024. Please note that not all applicants will be selected for an internship.
- Internship Orientation
Once selected to be a Klein Intern, you’ll attend an in-person (NOT ZOOM) orientation on Tuesday, June 4, 2024, at JFS Dallas, and you’ll have a chance to meet the entire Klein Intern Cohort! Be prepared for a full-day session.
- End-of-Summer Celebration
At the end of the summer, each intern will be recognized with a certificate for their service to the Dallas community. Additionally, there will be an end-of-summer celebration event (date to be announced) where you’ll receive the President’s Volunteer Service Award.
Past Internship Host Agencies
ALS Association of Texas
Color Me Empowered
Community Homes for Adults
Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
Dallas Jewish Historical Society
Jewish Family Service Food Pantry
National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.
Network of Community Ministries
PLAN of North Texas
Ronal McDonald House of Dallas
The Legacy Senior Communities
The Warren Center
Wesley-Rankin Community Center