In partnership with the City of Dallas and United Way of Metropolitan Dallas, Jewish Family Service will be providing rental assistance for those individuals affected by the COVID-19 crisis who live within the City of Dallas.
THIS APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
If you previously submitted an application for assistance, there is no need to follow up. A case manager will be reaching out to you soon.
ESTA APLICACIÓN YA ESTÁ CERRADA
Si previamente envió una solicitud de asistencia, no es necesario realizar un seguimiento. Un administrador de casos se comunicará con usted pronto.
These are the other community partners that may have funding for City of Dallas residents / Estos son los socios comunitarios que pueden tener fondos para los residentes de la Ciudad de Dallas:
Catholic Charities Dallas
Community Council of Greater Dallas – (no utility assistance)
Housing Crisis Center
Sharing Life Foundation
Services of Hope
The Turnaround Agenda
Brother Bill’s Helping Hands
For eligible individuals and households who principally reside within the City of Dallas.
- Principal residence must have been within the eligible area since at least March 1, 2020
- Applicants must possess household incomes of 80% or less of the Dallas area median income and provide proof that their incomes have been adversely affected by the current pandemic (loss of job, reduced hours, reduction in pay, increased healthcare expenses, added childcare expenses.
- Applicants cannot already be receiving CARES Act‐funded housing assistance from another entity or agency.
- Applicants cannot be a city employee or an immediate family member of a city employee.
- Applicants cannot be currently occupying housing owned by an immediate family member, utilizing a housing choice/project-based voucher, or living in public housing.
- Meeting these criteria does not obligate the city or it’s non-profit partners to provide assistance to any applicant.
A maximum amount of $1,500 per month for up to three months will be provided under this program for rent expenses only. Funds can be used to pay all of any part of these expenses, including arrears that occurred after (but not before) March 1, 2020. Funds will be issued in the form of a grant and will be paid directly to the landlord on behalf of the applicant. Provided assistance will never exceed the difference between 30% of the household’s income and the program’s reasonable rent standard. Assistance will not be provided to households without prior approval from the City of Dallas.
Do I get the money directly?
No, the money is paid directly to the landlord for rental assistance. Your landlord must be willing to accept payment from Jewish Family Service on your behalf.
I have access to the internet, how do I apply for COVID-19 mortgage / rental assistance?
Please complete an online application available on this page. The application is available in English and Spanish languages.
Will I have to pay the money back in the future?
No. The assistance is in the form of a grant, not a loan.
Are non-citizens who do not have all the eligibility documentation listed able to apply for the COVID-19 emergency rental or mortgage assistance programs?
Yes, undocumented individuals, who may not possess a US/Texas ID are still eligible to apply through Jewish Family Service.
Can I apply and receive assistance with more than one of the agencies at the same time?
When a client starts the process with one of the agencies, they are expected to stay with that agency for the duration of the grant process. The funding is for up to 3 months of support – cumulative – however, it does not need to be consecutive months. Also, funds cannot be utilized simultaneously from multiple organizations.
I am a landlord, how do I get paid?
You will be contacted by staff at the email or phone number the client provided with the next steps once your tenant is approved for this grant. Payment will be processed within 2 weeks from grant approval.
If you are looking for additional services and forms of support that Jewish Family Service can provide, please call our main line at 972-437-9950.