City of Dallas Housing Policy Task Force Update as of Wednesday February 24, 2021:
The City of Dallas has created an Emergency Home Repair Program that will have $2,000,000 to allocate to organizations that will qualify low-to-moderate income homeowners to offer them a grant up to $10,000 to repair their home that was damaged due to the storm. The organization must be able to administer case management and procure contractors.
The Eligible Repairs are:
- Wall/Floor removal
- Sewer lines
- Gas lines
- Water lines and/or water damage
- Electrical System
- HVAC units
- Plumbing fixtures – including sink pipes and toilets damaged by the freezing conditions
- Mold remediation
The Eligible Participants need to:
- Be homeowners within the City of Dallas
- Have household incomes at or below 80% of the area median income (AMI),
- Have Experienced damage(s) to their primary residence caused by the 2021 Texas Severe Winter Storm which risks causing harm to the life, health, or safety of the occupants
Applications will be accepted starting on Thursday, February 25, 2021.