We are pleased to announce that the new JFS Food Pantry will be opening on Thursday, December 2, 2021
Despite construction delays and supply-chain shortages, we are nearing the finish line! The following outlines detailed information including dates, how to sign-up for upcoming volunteer training and shifts, how to get food during our scheduled closure, and how to make an appointment in the new Food Pantry.
- Thursday, October 28 is the last weekly drive-thru food distribution. We will be distributing double food so that it can stretch into the following week of November.
- The drive-thru food distribution will be closed for the remainder of November to allow time for set-up, training, and more with the exception of a special Thanksgiving Drive-Thru Food Distribution on Monday, November 22 from 9:00am-12:00pm.
- We will open our new Food Pantry on Thursday, December 2, returning to our monthly appointment-based client-choice model. Clients may begin scheduling appointments online at www.jfsdallas.org/FP.
We will need all the help we can get from volunteers in our community to get the new space ready and return to the client-choice model! Food Pantry shifts and the links to sign up are below. Please note: If you have not yet submitted proof of vaccination against Covid-19, you will need to do so using our HIPAA compliant form at jfsdallas.org/volunteervaccine prior to signing up for the shifts below. You will not be able to sign up for the shifts until the Volunteer Engagement Team has reviewed your submission.
Food Pantry Set Up Shifts:·
Tuesday, November 9 from 10am to noon
Tuesday, November 9 from 1pm to 3pm
Monday, November 15 from 10am to noon
New & Returning Volunteer Training Shifts:
Thursday, November 18 from 9am to 11am
Thursday, November 18 from 11am to 1pm
Friday, November 19 from 9am to 11am
Friday, November 19 from 11am to 1pm
Tuesday, November 30 from 9am to 11am
Tuesday, November 30 from 11am to 1pm
More shifts are available. All volunteer shifts can be found at jfsdallas.volunteerhub.com. Advanced sign-ups are required.
For questions or need help logging into your VolunteerHub account contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to get assistance during the scheduled closure:
• To locate another area Food Pantry, please visit www.NTFB.org.
• As we are the only Kosher Food Pantry in the Dallas area, anyone in need of Kosher food may call Maya Cohen, Hunger Relief & Community Outreach Manager, at (972) 663-5530 or emailing email@example.com.
• Active JFS Food Pantry clients that may need referrals and additional assistance during the closure, may call the Food Pantry at (469) 206-1633.