The primary role is to develop and maintain current websites, web applications, and other software tools used throughout the university to support mission critical business processes. These mission critical applications are important in the current climate and the Web Software Developer position is critical to ensuring end-to-end support. The position will have a background in web application development.
- Assist in web application development via consultation with departments and OISDS staff.
- Assist in working with end users to document requirements and develop/implement solutions to meet those requirements.
- Write appropriate web code to ensure optimal web page functionality and design.
- Conduct usability and testing groups to test websites for functionality, relevance to constituent needs, and ease of use.
- Troubleshoot website problems and answer questions regarding appropriate solutions.
- Respond to inquiries, make revisions, add functionality, and implement requests for faculty and student use.
- Evaluate code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Review and apply regular maintenance and security updates to existing web applications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering, Information Systems, Arts and Technology or related field; two years experience in Web application software development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to AHarding@JFSdallas.org