We are a 30 year-old nonprofit community of 15 independently living adults with various intellectual (non-physical) disabilities located in Dallas off of Northwest Highway. The position of “In-house Supervisor” has recently become open due to a retirement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND DUTIES
● Ensures all Residents understand and can successfully practice safety drills and other safety procedures.
● Recognizes potential crisis or emergency situations, analyzes accurately, develops strategies to deal with events
and acts appropriately. Thereafter, conducts follow-up with Management and Caregiver/Guardian(s), if
● Reviews and guides residents on overall safety standards and cleanliness of their homes and personal hygiene.
● Maintains knowledge of internal safety and fire regulations and procedures, along with emergency procedures.
Supervisors will ensure health and safety standards are maintained.
● Ensures all requirements are met to provide safe transportation i.e., proper driver’s license, inspection, and vehicle
maintenance for SLIL vehicles.
● Provides transportation for group activities and coordinates driving responsibilities with other staff.
● Ensures proper maintenance of all SLIL vehicles.
● Plan, schedule and facilitate monthly House meetings to disburse information and provide an open forum for
discussion, and concerns.
● Conducts monthly routine safety and maintenance checks of the building’s shared areas and coordinates repairs in
a timely manner.
● Collection, safeguarding and routing of Residents’ monthly fees and coin operated washers and dryers, where
● Answer phone, email communication and in-person questions or problems promptly and appropriately.
● Develops and maintains all administrative requirements as directed by employee’s manager.
● Responds to routine queries regarding the organization and services provided.
● Operates office equipment such as: computer, photocopies, facsimile machines, printers, and reports.
Communicates with the Condo Board to arrange for supplies and repairs.
● Ensures all required documentation is complete and accurate.
● Tracks and records activities, overall resident participation, outcomes, both negative and positives results.
● Coordinates care, within facility, with any Resident Assigned Provider, such as personal nurse or therapist.
Follows any given guideline from the provider within the Supervisor’s scope of work.
COMMUNITY CULTURE (RESIDENT WELL-BEING & DEVELOPMENT)
● Manages crisis intervention, behavior interventions, and life skills training both on a one-to-one basis and in a
● Assists Guardian/ Caregivers in identifying and understanding potential problems demonstrated with
residents. Provides input to professionals upon request from Caregivers/Guardian, and when within the scope of
the program, implements individual strategies to support the resident
● Monitors ongoing physical, mental, and emotional health of each resident and assists with daily life skills and/or
behavior management training. Alerts Caregiver/Guardian of any substantial changes or issues.
● Acts as a positive role model for residents, providing life skills training and behavior management. Depending on
client type, may communicate need with hygiene, grooming, obtaining, and taking medication.
● Provides emotional support and feedback to Residents, Caregivers/Guardians.
● Assigns, supervises, and promotes resident’s Resident Chore List as it applies to the facility’s shared areas.
● Identifies social, economic, recreational, and educational services in the community that will meet Residents’
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE / COLLABOARTION
● Provides management, with input, regarding program development, including suggestions for improvements.
Participates in program evaluations.
● Fosters positive working relationships with all other staff members.
● Uses extreme confidentiality, in all matters.
● Collaborating with the duplicate Residential Supervisor, creates a monthly activity calendar reflecting combined
building activities and identification of drivers to specific activities. Distribute approved calendar to appropriate
● Provides support and positive feedback to fellow staff and vendors.
● Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates recreational, social and/or educational activities for residents served
by the organization.
● Implements a welcoming, positive fun, enjoyable overall learning atmosphere to encourage participation in
programs and activities.
This is not a group home. The position is comparable to a ‘college dorm mom’ or dad position who helps lead and guide. There is a requirement to live on-site. An apartment is provided.
For information, contact: Hazel Korol at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to AHarding@JFSdallas.org