Purchasing Director serves as a member of the Office of Budget and Finance leadership team, contributing to the development of priorities and strategies to advance the Division and the University. This position helps develop and implement supply chain strategies covering commodities, services, and supplier processes to deliver maximum value in compliance with the University, UT System, and State purchasing policies and procedures.
* Manage and mentor a dynamic team of purchasing professionals.
* Consult with campus departments for detailed information related to specifications, time limitations, and sources of supply in order to achieve best value in their purchases in compliance with the University, UT System and State procurement rules and regulations.
* Negotiate and execute purchase orders to support the university’s critical business needs.
* Develop an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, utilizing UT System Supply Chain Alliance and the State of Texas procurement resources, leveraging spend, and leveraging technologies.
* Drive standardization and automation of the University procurement systems.
* Ensure procurement systems availability, effectiveness, response time and the resolution of any systems issues.
* Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of purchasing activities, including cost savings and other State of Texas and UT System reporting requirements.
* Report to management the measurable status of progress and corrective actions as it pertains to supplier performance.
* Ensure financial and operational controls are maintained in accordance with policies.
* Provide explanation and interpretation of The University, UT System, and State of Texas purchasing policies and practices.
* Develop guidelines, procedures, and training programs to assist campus departments follow the University’s purchasing policies, procedures, and delegation rules.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university.
- 5-7 years of experience in a purchasing, procurement or relevant field.
- 3-5 years of supervisory or management level experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to AHarding@JFSdallas.org