The Purchasing Agent will be responsible for facilitating the planning, organizing, managing, and overseeing the purchasing and procurement activities in the administration of the Agency’s cooperative purchasing program, TXShare. This is accomplished through effective understanding of public solicitation methods, developing specifications for solicitation and procurement activities, preparing procurement documents, executing specifications for purchasing goods and services; and conducting formal solicitations. The Purchasing Agent will be responsible for the operation and support of processes that provide timely, cost-effective, high-quality contracts through the TXShare cooperative purchasing program.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides customer service and coordinates the procurement and solicitation for the TXShare program using established guidelines, rules and regulations, policies, and laws.
- Prepares, organizes, and reviews bid specifications; reviews the preparation and distribution of bid invitations to vendors, ensures requests for bids, quotes, or proposals meet the minimum federal and state law requirements; analyzes responses from bidders; provides recommendations on award of contracts; maintain procurement files. Resolves dispute resolutions and protests.
- Maintains vendor lists; monitors and tracks vendor performance and performs contracts management; discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services for users, vendors, and others to determine cause of problems, take corrective action; develops and maintains relationships with vendors; functions as the contract manager for TXShare contracts for member and vendor coordination and facilitation.
- Develop, implement, and maintain purchasing policies and procedures in conjunction with regulatory guidelines and state and federal laws in order to support business needed; coordinate the development and training of staff regarding purchasing and procurement practices and policies.
- Serves as a TXShare representative by attending meetings and/or events; serving on committees and setting up display booths and/or materials at meetings and events; attending seminars, workshops, and conferences to obtain relevant information regarding policies, rules and regulations, and fiscal processes; responding to inquiries from members, vendors, and decision-making forums regarding various topics; and coordinating activities with other program areas, departments, and local, state, and federal governments.
- Develop, implement, and manage cooperative procurement initiatives related to the TXShare program. Work with internal program staff and regional stakeholders to develop and procure solutions that meet regional needs and solve for challenges identified by agency staff and TXShare members.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects and quickly react to changing business needs while meeting firm deadlines
- Ability to be a good team player with a collaborative approach
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction
- Strong communication skills to articulate persuasively and clearly about the organization’s mission, value and initiatives
Required Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree or 9 years equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
Apply at https://nctcog.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/1484
To apply for this job email your details to AHarding@JFSdallas.org