To perform intermediate professional auditing services, primarily for IT-related University operations, in accordance with the Texas Internal Auditing Act. Participates in the planning, performance, and follow-up of Information Technology (IT) internal audits and the evaluation and testing of IT controls as needed for other internal audits and assigned projects, under direct supervision.
Meets Institute of Internal Auditors’ core competencies for internal audit staff, including knowledge and adherence to professional ethics; knowledge and application of internal auditing standards to the work performed; ability to understand governance, risks, and controls appropriate to the organization; excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills; ability to work both independently and as part of a team; and excellent critical thinking and analytical skills. Ability to use TeamMate audit software and use and/or interpret data analytics.
- Participates in planning IT audits and in identifying risks and related IT controls during planning and fieldwork
- May participate in developing IT audit objectives and programs
- Performs fieldwork and demonstrates proficiency by applying internal control concepts and technology principles and skills to IT environments under appropriate supervision
- Identifies preliminary issues, evaluates evidence using analytical and technology skills, and arrives at supportable conclusions based on sufficient evidence under appropriate supervision
- Assist in the development of audit programs and/or project plans to achieve objectives
- Collects and analyzes appropriate types of information, data, and evidence to achieve the objectives of project steps
- Prepares thorough, well-organized, and self-explanatory work papers to support conclusions reached
- Identifies and develops issues and helps audit leadership in working with audit clients to arrive at sound/effective recommendations
- Assist with data analytics processes, including data pulls, working with data owners
- Apprises client of project status, barriers to progress, and potential issues
- Informs project manager, when applicable, about the status of the audit work performed, potential issues and solutions, and client feedback
- Drafts project reports and manage the editing and publication process
- Evaluates client’s written responses to recommendations
- Monitors time budgets and target dates for assigned project
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, business administration, or related field, and two years of related experience.
To apply for this job email your details to AHarding@JFSdallas.org