- Possess broad and deep understanding of Operating System (OS), network, storage, and RDMS & data warehouse concepts and able to apply the concepts to design complex database systems and tasks for on-prem and or cloud systems.
- Be responsible for managing and maintaining MSSQL monitoring solution like SQLSentry.
- Install, patch, and upgrade database software plus migrate, clone and, automate database refreshes.
- Be able to write complex database queries, T-SQL/PLSQL, and scripts. (PowerShell/Korn/Bash/Python) following team standards and procedures.
- Provide highest level of escalation for on-call activities and should be able to lead team members, student workers, users, developers, and the vendors.
- Exhibit exceptional analytical and communication skills with the capability to learn and retain new skills.
- Keep informed of technology changes and trends related to databases.
- Be able to manage large projects and architect complete solutions including associated documents and plans.
- Architect, administrate, monitor and report on the database environments
- On-call rotation with highest level of escalation for supported database environments
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems and provide team members with assistance
- Develop complete designs for database environments
- Administer MSSQL, MySQL and Oracle databases.
- Assist other DBAs in maintaining integrity of the supported databases.
- Detail oriented and attentive to the processes/procedures.
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems and work with support vendors.
- Provide technical support to departmental and end-users.
- Installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance of database software.
- Creation of databases and database maintenance.
- Database backup and recovery.
- Performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Write shell scripts and/or PowerShell scripts.
- Write SQL queries, T-SQL and or PL/SQL code.
- Conduct research into technology problems and have direct interaction with technology vendors or community
- Create, modify, and update technical and process documentation.
No degree – 10 years’ relevant experience. Associate Degree with 8 years’ relevant experience. Bachelor is Degree with 6 years relevant experience. Relevant specialized IT training and/or IT certifications may be considered towards minimum qualifications. Equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to AHarding@JFSdallas.org