Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Competitive Sports the coordinator administers all aspects of Intramural Sports and Club Sports, including training and mentoring club sports officers and student officials, budget and policy management, travel and event planning, participant eligibility, coaches, risk management and program planning and scheduling. The coordinator works with campus and community partners to develop new relationships, initiatives, policies and procedures.
Day-to-day functions are accomplished with minimal guidance or supervision in accordance with established policies and directives. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, acquires and maintains certifications, develops professional contacts with colleagues, attends professional development courses.
- Recruits, hires, trains, schedules, and provides guidance to student staff.
- Develops co-curricular learning initiatives and leadership training opportunities for student employees and club sports officers.
- Coordinates policies and procedures to ensure proper risk management practices.
- Assists in scheduling the use of intramural sports and club sports indoor and outdoor activity spaces.
- Coordinates intramural sports and club sports equipment purchases and maintains an inventory of program supplies.
- Conducts appropriate field equipment maintenance and upkeep for intramural sports and club sports facilities.
- Makes recommendations concerning program budgets.
- Monitors expenditures for assigned programs.
- Assists in establishing and implementing short-term and long-range objectives for UREC, including compilation of data and reporting of programmatic statistics, as well as assessment of student learning and program outcomes.
- Serve on designated Student Affairs and University committees.
- Initiate collaborations with campus partners within Student Affairs and academic units to develop and implement programs and events that contribute to student success and foster relationships with interested groups, and special events.
- Serve as the on-call manager on duty.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; experience in developing and operating a fitness program; certification in CPR & First Aid; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to AHarding@JFSdallas.org