Website Jewish Family Service
The Career & Financial Coach works on behalf of Jewish Family Service to provide a thorough, self-directed, individualized approach to promoting the lifelong self-sufficiency and well-being for the Greater Dallas community. The Coach offers career and financial education and coaching expertise to support and reach client-identified goals. The position works to provide the core elements of the Working Family Success model (WFS) to help clients achieve increased income, improved credit scores and a reduction of debt. This position supports, promotes and furthers our goal of providing the highest standards of culturally relevant and sensitive professional service consistent with our mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses the Client’s current needs and abilities and works with Client to develop a job search, providing guidance and coaching throughout process
- Provides both career and financial coaching using the WFS coaching initiative
- Develops effective coaching strategies to identify and address each individual’s obstacles, suggesting strategies for career search success
- Delivers career and financial coaching in person, by phone and/or by email as determined appropriate for each Client
- Reviews and/or helps to create attractive resumes and cover letters; focuses on effective interviewing techniques
- Establishes trust and respect during individual meetings to maintain effective relationships with Clients
- Holds Clients accountable for directing and managing their job search
- Introduces a wide range of prospective jobs during the employment coaching process
- Analyzes the data, processes and results and introduces program improvements, as necessary;
- Develops workshops and training curriculum with the Career & Financial Services team
- Conducts workshops and information sessions and identifies other professionals in the community to support the on-going educational opportunities
- Connects Client to necessary additional financial and mental health resources and services at Jewish Family Service and in the community
- Plans, markets, leads classes, trainings, workshops and represents Financial Empowerment Services at events and partner locations.
- Conducts outreach in the community
- Stays up to date on Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) changes and other available resources for individuals
- Maintains service and participant data using ETO software
- Maintains accurate and confidential records and documentation including intake documentation, case notes, and service plans
- Assists in coordinating weekly orientation sessions for incoming program participants.
- Follows up with employed Clients and tracks their success for 12 months.
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor Degree along with the following skills:
- Financial Coaching certification or ability to complete in first 12 months of employment
- Experience in direct client service and a passion to help others
- Excellent communication skills, including active and intuitive listening
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
Preferred skills include:
- Intuitive with solid problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put CFS Careers in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to AHarding@JFSdallas.org