This position is responsible for assisting the Department Head, Faculty, Staff and Students with daily operations within the Geosciences department.
- Will supervise junior office staff and student office workers.
- Manage the HR payroll for faculty, staff, TAs, RAs and student workers.
- Assist faculty and students with bookings, OneCard and other activities.
- Manage the computer lab: Update software license/contracts yearly.
- Manage physical assets and provide oversight of all assets for the department.
- Manage Geosciences annual/semester website and brochure updates.
- Manage travel arrangements/vouchers for faculty, students and outside guests/speakers.
- Manage the Geoscience fleet of six vehicles and four trailers.
- Manage all related field trips and summer field camp courses.
- Manage the Fast-Track and the Student Scholarship program per semester.
- Manage the finance, reconciliation and budget set-up of all cost centers as well as monitor budget and expenditures.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Bachelor’s degree; and
- Three to five years of experience performing administrative duties with two of these years in a position with unit-wide scope; and
- One to three years of supervisory experience; and
- One to three years administrative experience in higher education.
- An equivalent level of relevant education and experience may be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to AHarding@JFSdallas.org