This Director position will function as the Arts and Humanities Administrator for the Bass School of Arts, Humanities and Technology. The position is responsible for preparing and tracking all contracts, permissions, and fees in conjunction with the School Fiscal Officer and the University’s Office of Contract Administration. The Arts and Humanities Administrator will ensure that all contractual obligations are met, working closely with the events team and production staff on a daily basis. The candidate will work with University faculty to coordinate student performance calendars, campus exhibit calendars, and then develop and promote the installation of public art across campus.
This multifaceted role demands extremely fine attention to detail, strategic and creative thinking, effective and efficient interpersonal communication with multiple staff teams and freelance consultants, highly developed written communication skills, enthusiasm about learning new skills, and the ability to multitask and prioritize in a high-energy, fast-paced professional environment while maintaining a flexible, positive, team-oriented attitude infused with discretion and sensitivity.
* Knowledge of artists and repertoire in one or more of the disciplines of classical music, dance, theater, jazz, visual art
* Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, student-centered, educational environment
* Ability to work independently and be self-directed
* Able to meet or exceed deadlines
* Ability to react quickly to solve problems
* Exceptional interpersonal skills and poise in dealing with a diverse range of people in a variety of circumstances
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related progressive experience.