This position provides advanced administrative support for the Assistant Dean of the Career Management Center (CMC) and will manage several projects throughout the academic semesters. Serves as office coordinator for the CMC and performs daily/monthly budget account reconciliation. Maintains calendar, coordinates travel, composes correspondence and reports. This position will also maintain the distribution of a monthly digital newsletter to over 9600 students, faculty, and staff.
This position will work as an event planner for the preparation of all CMC events and educational programming for JSOM students. Special project management includes several high visibility projects for employers throughout the year. Will make decisions and interpret administrative policies; maintain and monitor budget; prepare and perform purchasing; prepare vouchers; act as liaison to Payroll and Human Resources and handle related responsibilities. Excel knowledge is a must. Other responsibilities include updating and maintaining data for the center.
- Provide proactive administrative support, including but not limited to managing calendars, coordinating travel arrangements, answering the phone, and greeting visitors.
- Assisting/Managing high visibility projects utilizing event planning techniques.
- Manage CMC departmental budget and purchasing credit cards. Tracking budget, monthly usage, compliance, maintenance, and facility budget. Manage monthly procurement and budget reconciliation.
- Procurement of products through the e-procurement system and monthly reconciliation
- Event Planning – Coordinates, prepares and manages presentations, logistics, catering, and preparation for CMC events and meetings.
- Responsible for new hire and employment documentation as well as onboarding for new hires, including setup of logons for specific software used in the CMC.
- Performs the duty of office manager working to hire student workers and conducting interviews.
- Sets up meetings for the Assistant Dean.
- Experience in data gathering from surveys. Report/survey management. Event planning assignments. Collaborate with other departments in JSOM.
- Maintains CMC facilities and manages the reservation system for the seminar rooms and interview rooms.
Bachelor’s degree and five years of office administration or project management experience including two years at an Administrative Assistant I level or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to AHarding@JFSdallas.org