As a key member of the administrative team, the Administrative Assistant I is responsible for performing duties to support daily business functions and operations for an executive front office. Will serve as the primary administrative support for the dean’s staff including assistant and associate deans, marketing and communications, facilities, finance team, tech support, and research staff. This role is the point of contact for all purchasing needs within the suite and for each of the 9 departments as needed. This position regularly provides backup administrative support for the Jonsson School Office of Undergraduate Advising and the Texas Analog Center. The Administrative Assistant will provide outstanding customer service to the campus community by answering emails, phone calls and in person inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Open and close the office daily. Traditional business hours M-F 8am to 5pm.
- Utilize procurement software to prepare, review, submit, and receive purchase orders from all customers within the Jonsson School and external partners.
- Facilitate OneCard transactions when applicable/allowable for office needs (supplies, license renewals, invoices etc.). Responsible for reconciling OneCard reports according to university guidelines.
- Collect and prepare business expense reimbursements.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare vouchers for travel reimbursements.
- Maintain office supply inventory and replenish as needed.
- Schedule meeting and event space requests in shared Outlook calendars.
- Disseminate campus communications to applicable audience (dissertation announcements, research communication, distinguished speaker announcements etc.).
- Provide support for large mailout projects as assigned by marketing and communications.
- Publish ECS events to internal and external Comet Calendars.
- Process and review daily eCATs for building access, keys, and computer access.
- Manage directory listings for employees in department 307000.
- Receive and respond to inquiries via shared email inboxes.
- Assist ECS Graduate Studies Office with the annual fellowship review/selection/award process.
- Answer phones, greet guests and direct in person inquiries to appropriate individuals.
- Collect and distribute mail daily.
- May supervise and direct assignments for student workers.
Bachelor’s degree and two years office administration or project management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to AHarding@JFSdallas.org