Website Shaare Tefilla
Congregation Shaare Tefilla is an Orthodox synagogue that engages the modern world through the prism of Torah and tradition. Located in North Dallas, Shaare Tefilla encourages spiritual growth within a caring and supportive community. The synagogue has over 200 member families and has been in operation for over 30 years.
Shaare Tefilla is seeking a full-time or part-time Administrative Assistant to be a key member of the synagogue professional staff. The primary role of this position is to be an office manager as well as a member of a team to ensure smooth daily operations including shul communications and website administration, event planning and supervision, representing the synagogue when responding to members, the community, and general public, and managing building operations including serving as key contact with vendors and clients.
- Manage shul communications through ShulCloud for weekly, holiday, and special communications. Assist with developing communications (such as birth announcements, etc). Administer website and social media presence.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the synagogue building, serving as the key contact for vendors, contractors and clients.
- Event planning and supervision including set up and tear down.
- Oversee maintenance crew, and coordinate building repairs/maintenance via competitive bidding.
- Key liaison to the synagogue’s Programming Committee for weekly Kiddush receptions, special synagogue programs and to families hosting lifecycle events.
- Working with the financial department to record billing and membership financials.
- Represent the synagogue to members, the community, and general public.
- Assist Board Executives with communications and other assignments as directed.
- Assist Rabbi and other staff, as needed, and other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a synagogue or other nonprofit setting
- Familiar with the rituals and traditions of an Orthodox synagogue
- Proficient in MicroSoft Office Suite or equivalent, social media applications, and ShulCloud or comparable web application
- Friendly, positive, service-oriented attitude
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and varied tasks
- Self starter who will work with minimal supervision
- Set up and tear down, including lifting up to 30 lbs
- Occasional overtime
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
Application Instructions: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to AHarding@JFSdallas.org