At JFS, our thoughts are with those affected by the ongoing devastation from Hurricane Harvey. The City of Dallas and the American Red Cross have requested that we be a ‘go-to’ agency for assisting people who are displaced by the hurricane and flooding. If you or your family have an immediate need or need services in the Dallas area in the coming days, please contact us at 972-437-9950 x347. Please leave a message and someone from our professional staff will contact you as soon as possible. We are actively working with our South Texas counterparts to provide local resources.
Services available at JFS include case management, emergency food, medication assistance, as well as on site access to clothes, hygiene products, diapers, and more. Our staff is liaising with disaster response organizations like the American Red Cross to provide shelter.
Additionally, communication and information are important steps of emergency management:
- In case of emergency, call 911. Local and state officials are asking to only contact 911 if in danger at this time for flooded areas.
- For evacuation information, call 211.
- For roadside assistance, call 1-800-525-5555.
- For TxDOT Statewide Road Closures, call 1-800-452-9292.
- For relay service, call 711.
- If you or your family suffered damage from the storm, please register with FEMA by calling 1-800-621-3362 or applying online at: disasterassistance.gov.
- For Red Cross disaster assistance, call 1-877-500-8645. Red Cross has a list to register your family as safe.
- If you are in need of help or would like to volunteer, call 211.
- For assistance filing a personal claim, call the Texas Department of Insurance’s Consumer, 1-800-252-3439.
Help with Disaster Relief through JFS Dallas
Thank you to those who have generously donated and volunteered for Harvey relief efforts! With your support, we were able to send 4 trailers to Southeast Texas full of much-needed supplies.
As of September 7, JFS is no longer accepting material donations for Harvey Relief efforts unless previously scheduled with JFS Staff. We will still be accepting monetary donations in order to provide financial assistance for families who are starting over in Dallas.
Any material donations that are dropped off after September 7 will be given to the onsite Food Pantry or to The Resale Shop, a Charitable Project of Jewish Family Service.
Flyers available for download
Download information for evacuees here. (Both English & Spanish)