- This event has passed.
Life Coaching Seminar 101 Series
April 12, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
One event on April 12, 2022 at 5:30 pm
One event on April 19, 2022 at 5:30 pm
One event on April 26, 2022 at 5:30 pm
All sessions will be in-person, 10-12 maximum participants max. $100 for course and all session attendance is required.
Managing Life’s Conflicts – Using coaching philosophies to improve your relationships at work and at home
Self-awareness tools to complete at home (survey questions to induce self-reflection)
- One 5 minute guided meditation
- Overview of the previous weeks material
- Homework for following week
Week 1 – Self Awareness
- Participants will receive a summary of the course, to understand what to expect each week and how the learnings will build on each other.
- It will be made clear the importance of attending each week
- Participants will receive an overview of self-awareness and why self-awareness is fundamental to managing conflict (knowledge of knowledge)
- Coach to ask for feedback on at home self-awareness tool
- Participants will learn about the Energetic Self-perception Chart tool and how to use it to monitor their own energy level
- Participants will learn how to ask powerful questions
- Participants will coach each other to skill build day’s concept of self-awareness
- Participants will use the weeks learnings on self- awareness to self-monitor feelings, energy and thoughts before next meeting
Week 2 – Mindfulness
- Participants will be introduced to the concept of mindfulness (thinking about thinking)
- Participants will begin to identify the stories they tell themselves and how to self-monitor their inner critic.
- Participants will learn about the power of assumptions
- Participants will participate in an exercise to aid in understanding their “personal lense”
- Participants will coach each other on mindfulness skills, again using powerful questions
- Participants will use mindfulness exercise in the coming week.
- Participants will bring scenarios to our next meeting to use for their coaching sessions
Week 3 – Empathy
- Participants will learn the dynamics of empathy – understanding other people’s motivations and perceptions.
- Discussion focused on using empathy and compassion to reduce the power of conflict and gain understanding and progress toward more effective communication.
- Using their scenarios, participants will coach each other using powerful questions to practice empathy, while using self-awareness and mindfulness
- Participants will practice empathy skills during week
Week 4 – Communication Preparedness
- Participants will learn how to reduce self-defensiveness when confronted with difficult people
- Participants will learn how to “stay out of the box” of other peoples thoughts and emotions by reflecting on “personal lense” concept again
- Participants will learn “in the moment” meditation exercises to aid in self-regulation during stressful interactions (“I breath in, I breath out”) to reduce defiant reactions and induce cooperation.
- Participants will practice skills with each other
- Participants will be asked to complete a survey for course
- Participants introduced to services of JFS