Collin County Emergency Housing Assistance Program

In partnership with Collin County, Jewish Family Service will be providing housing assistance for those individuals affected by the COVID-19 crisis who live within Collin County (but outside the city of Dallas).



Collin CARES Help Desk
Available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: 972.547.9001


The Collin County CARES Emergency Housing and Living Assistance (EHLA) Program provides Rental & Mortgage, Utility and Food Card Assistance with funding from the Department of the Treasury, COVID -19 (CARES Act) and require the following information. All documentation submitted is kept strictly confidential. Submitting an application does NOT guarantee funding.

Funds are expected to be available through November 30, 2020. Submission of your application(s) is NOT a reservation of funds. Funds are reserved once eligibilty is established, complete supporting documentation has been submitted and verified, and a funding decision has been made. Promptly responding to questions and supplying requested documents, will expedite your application.


Applicants must be a resident of Collin County, and not a resident of the City of Dallas. To verify if your address is in Collin County, please visit: 


The following requirements apply to all three (mortgage or rent, utility or food card assistance) EHLA-CV assistance programs and your supporting documentation must be uploaded in the ‘Documents’ tab:

  • Households must show they have been directly financially impacted by COVID-19.
  • Applicants must be a resident of Collin County, and not a resident of the City of Dallas. To verify if your address is in Collin County, please visit:
  • Each adult in the household (18 yrs and over) must complete and submit the Employer Verification Form located in the ‘Documents’ tab. Those who cannot, must submit a signed Letter of Explanation located in the ‘Documents’ tab.
  • All adult members of the household (18 yrs and over) must submit one (1) months’ proof of income BEFORE (pre-March 1, 2020) & AFTER (post-March 16, 2020) being financially impacted by COVID-19. This includes complete pay stubs, Social Security/SSI, Pension, Unemployment benefits, Retirement, Disability, etc. Those who cannot provide documentation of income, must submit a must signed Letter of Explanation, located in the ‘Documents’ tab.
  • Self-Employed applicants must provide documentation to show the difference of income before and after being finally impacted by COVID-19. Documentation of required business closing and pre-post COVID banking account statements fulfill this requirement.
  • Proof of current enrollment for household adults (18 yrs and over) who are full time High School or College students must be submitted. Does not apply to the Head of Household.
  • If applying for Utility Assistance, applicants must submit the utility bill(s) for the month(s) assistance is being requested.
  • If applying for Rental or Mortgage Assistance, applicants must submit their lease agreement or most recent mortage statement(s) for the month(s) assistance is being requested.


The following restrictions apply to all three Collin County CARES EHLA-CV assistance programs:

  • Assistance is available only for residents of Collin County, who are not within the City of Dallas.
  • Assistance for late fees or the property tax portion of your escrow (mortgage) will not be included.
  • Initial assistance is provided for up to three (3) months. Only the amount of your rent/mortgage, utility bills, and food assistance up to $2,500/month, ($7,500 total) will be provided. Depending on funding availability, if family income has not increased and assistance is still required, applicants may return after September 1, 2020 for one month of additional assistance, not to exceed $2,500.
  • Payments will be made directly to the landlord, mortgage or utility company to be credited to the account indicated in the application. Payments will not be made to the applicant.
  • Assistance is not available to residents of public housing or Section 8 voucher holders.
  • Assistance is not available to families living in units owned by immediate family members. Immediate family ties include (whether by blood, marriage or adoption) the spouse, parent (including a stepparent), child (including a stepchild), brother, sister (including a stepbrother or stepsister), grandparent, grandchild, and inlaws.
Scroll to Top