When you donate your car, truck, or RV to Jewish Family Service, the proceeds will help fund vital programs and services for families, children, and older adults throughout the Greater Dallas area.
How It Works
- AV USA, on behalf of Jewish Family Service, will work with you to get donated vehicle and will process all required paperwork for the donation and sale of the donated vehicle.
- You will sign a bill of sale and title, then receive a donation receipt.
- The title will be transferred to Jewish Family Service of Greater Dallas, then transferred upon sale to the new owner through AV USA.
- AV USA will clean, detail, and make any repairs that promote the image and quality of the vehicle to maximize the value of the vehicle. The vehicle will be advertised to maximize the exposure and price.
- Contact Jeff Sebert, owner of AV USA at email@example.com or 972-292-7334 to get started.
- Must be running and drivable
- No major damage
- Clear title with donor’s name and identification
Even though we make donating your car easy, we understand that sometimes you may have questions regarding the vehicle donation process. We’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions that will help provide answers to questions you may have.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes! Individual tax situations vary, so please check with a tax professional to determine how you may benefit. Jewish Family Service is registered as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Will I get a tax receipt for my donation?
An IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles will be mailed to you within 30 days of the sale stating the amount of gross proceeds received from your car, provided your vehicle sold for more than $500. This will be your tax receipt for your charitable contribution if your vehicle sells for more than $500.
How is the value determined of the vehicle that I donate?
The value is determined by the gross proceeds raised from the sale of the donated vehicle. You no longer have the burden of determining the value yourself.
- It’s easy, secure, and avoids the hassles of selling privately.
- It’s a tax-deductible donation.
- You can save money on hefty repair bills and reclaim your garage.
- Your donated vehicle helps us transform lives!
YOU MAKE THE CALL, WE’LL DO THE REST.
For Questions, contact Jeff Sebert, owner of AV USA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-292-7334