Dallas, United States, North America
3506, Senior Risk Analyst, 1st Global
3506. April 11, 2017
Company 1st Global
Job Title: Senior Risk Analyst
Position Description and Client Overview:
The role of Risk Analyst is to conduct testing of the firm’s business procedures to ensure the policies and procedures are reasonably designed to comply with broker dealer and RIA regulations.
• The Risk Analyst is responsible for being a subject matter expert in the securities industry and is responsible for updating and monitoring the firm’s Risk Assessment at least on an annual basis. The firm’s Risk Assessment is the foundation of its’ testing program.
• The Risk Analyst is responsible for defining the department’s testing strategy and conducting testing and analysis of the firm’s Written Supervisory Procedures (“WSPs”), internal policies and procedures relating to broker dealer and registered investment advisor activity to ensure firm compliance with Federal securities regulations (FINRA, SEC, MSRB). The scope of testing includes the collection and analysis of firm data, review of firm WSPs, individual departmental policies and procedures, preparation of testing report and distribution to departmental executives and managers. The scope of testing also includes providing education and training of departmental staff during and after testing has occurred to identify any changes needed to the firm’s WSPs and/or departmental policies and procedures. The Risk Analyst may delegate tasks to the Risk Assessment Department staff as needed.
• The Risk Analyst is responsible for identifying and hiring a third-party independent consultant to perform an annual review of the Risk Assessment Department’s testing on an annual basis and leading the annual review process. The scope of the participation in the annual review may include compiling documents requested by the third-party independent consultant, scheduling interviews with internal staff, answering questions posed by the third-party independent consultant and reviewing and drafting the firm’s response to the final audit report. The Risk Analyst is also responsible for any necessary updates as recommended by the third-party independent consultant to the firm’s Risk Assessment, Written Supervisory Procedures and departmental policies and procedures. The Risk Analyst will present the third-party independent consultant’s final report with all supporting documentation along with the yearly testing program to the CEO each year as required by FINRA rules and regulations.
• The Risk Analyst is responsible for regular communications regarding the status of testing results and any required remediation as a result of testing to staff, management and executive officers, including conducting monthly executive Risk Committee meetings for the firm.
• The Risk Analyst is responsible for monitoring changes to securities industry (FINRA, SEC, MSRB, DOL) rules and advise and educate the firm’s department leaders and executives about pending rule changes and how it will affect firm policies and procedures.
• The Risk Analyst is responsible for providing on-going training to departmental employees both proactively and in response to deficiencies identified during training.
Dimensions/Scope Data: N/A
Minimum Education Required:
• College/University degree preferred
Licenses/ Certification Required:
FINRA Series 7, 24 or equivalent
Minimum Specific Experience Required:
• Seven (7) or more years’ experience in the Broker Dealer and RIA Securities Regulatory Compliance industry
• One (1) to three (3) years’ experience working in the Operations Department of a Broker Dealer and/or Registered Investment Advisor preferred
Jewish Family Service helps you achieve success in your job search. Call or visit www.jfsdallas.org/972-437-9950 about career and coaching services, job resources & networking.
Apply on-line at: www.1stglobal.com