Dallas, United States, North America
3505, IT Support Technician III, 1st Global
3505. April 11, 2017
Company 1st Global
Job Title: IT Support Technician III
Position Description and Client Overview:
The Senior IT Technical Support Technician identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems and provides support to end users and external customers on a variety of issues while providing mentoring and training to other IT Support staff. The Technician is responsible for installing, upgrading and supporting all desktop related technology including workstations, laptops, printers, monitors, phones and related third part and in-house developed software applications. This position will perform moves, adds and change maintenance to workstations and printers. Mentoring, project management of IT Support related roll-outs and technology uplifts are a primary part of the role.
• Prioritize, monitor, track, respond, troubleshoot and resolve internal and external support requests received via the helpdesk ticketing system, the IT Support telephone, mailbox and Pivotal customer portal to completion.
• Assist and help escalate support issues to the Software and Infrastructure teams as needed to accomplish resolution of issues.
• Update and help prioritize and assign support request tickets to insure the customer is kept aware of current status of the issue and work being accomplished per established SLA’s.
• Report and escalate to management as needed for issues requiring such input and guidance.
• Respond to system pages relegated to support requests in accordance with on-call procedures including the acknowledgment of urgent requests in accordance with established SLA’s.
• Manage the projects related to Installing new workstations, upgrade hardware and software (applications and Operating Systems), as needed and ensure that all laptops and desktops are properly configured and contain the current malware and virus definitions.
• Provide temporary assets as requested to support the business when requested.
• Mentor and redirect others in the execution of the projects and provide training for level 1 and II Technicians as needed.
• Maintain user account information including access rights, security and system groups, administer phone system and document and maintain all asset computer inventory up to date.
• Support training and conference initiatives as required by the business both onsite and offsite as requested by the business.
• Where appropriate, collaborate with and support Technology Services security initiatives, adhering to security related processes and policies and supporting audit related requests for information and ad-hoc information requests submitted by the Security Manager.
Minimum Education Required:
• Associates degree in a related field of computer science or equivalent experience with certifications.
Minimum Specific Experience Required:
• 6+ years’ experience in IT desktop support, trouble shooting and analysis including technology project execution related to technology uplifts.
• Familiarity with PC/Laptop hardware/components, MS Exchange, Active Directory, antivirus such as Kaspersky and antimalware such as Malwarebytes or similar. Desktop operating system migration project experience highly preferred. Windows 7 to Windows 10 migration highly preferred.
• Ability to work non-standard hours as needed to perform system upgrades, maintenance and changes
• Strong mentoring skills and ability to teach new technologies to support staff as required.
• Strong ability to communicate detailed technical information to non-technical customers
• Strong project management experience including project planning and execution.
Jewish Family Service helps you achieve success in your job search. Call or visit www.jfsdallas.org/972-437-9950 about career and coaching services, job resources & networking.
Apply on-line at: www.1stglobal.com