Dallas, United States, North America
3401, Career Coach, Jewish Family Service
3401. March 17, 2017
Company Jewish Family Service
Job Title: Career Coach
Position Description and Client Overview:
Overview: The Career Coach will work on behalf of Jewish Family Service to guide and assist job seekers through a self-directed and one-on-one job search.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct intake interviews with program participants.
• Prepare Client intake and usage documentation.
• Evaluate the Clients’ current status, clarify needs and abilities and help develop a job search plan with the Client, guiding them through the job search process.
• Identify and address obstacles and develop strategies for success.
• Effectively engage a wide range of prospective jobs into the employment counseling process.
• Write and critique resumes and cover letters.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with Clients and gain trust and respect.
• Hold Clients accountable for directing and managing their job search.
• Guide Clients to the Resource room for use of computers, the internet, social media and other tools necessary to conduct a productive search.
• Provide ongoing support to the Client with phone calls, email and face-to-face sessions.
• Work closely to match Clients with area employers, available jobs and/or professional volunteers.
• Develop workshops and training curriculum.
• Conduct workshops and information sessions and secure other professionals in the community to support the training and workshops.
• Connect Clients to necessary additional resources and services at Jewish Family Service and in the community.
• Conduct outreach in the community.
• Maintain accurate and confidential records and documentation including intake documentation, case notes, and service plans.
• Follow up with employed Clients and track retention for 4 years.
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required with a degree in counseling or psychology, Human Services, Human Resources or related field with a minimum of 3 years work experience in employment services.
- Current knowledge of general principles and methods of leading a job search; adult education; labor market; computer software, applications and programs.
- Must have the ability to present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner.
- Intuitive with solid problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency in using common office computer applications such as word processors, spreadsheets, databases, email and internet is required.
- Flexibility in work hours; some evenings will be necessary.
- Spanish a plus, but not necessary
- Financial Coaching a plus, but not necessary
Jewish Family Service helps you achieve success in your job search. Call or visit www.jfsdallas.org/972-437-9950 about career and coaching services, job resources & networking.
Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Must write Career Coach in the subject line.