Work from anywhere
3203, Kosher Lunch Assistant, Jewish Community Center
3203. February 21, 2017
Company Jewish Community Center
Job Title: Kosher Lunch Assistant
Status: Part-Time – 24 hours/week
Position Description and Client Overview:
OVERVIEW: The Kosher Lunch Assistant position is a temporary part-time, non-exempt position with a maximum of 24 hours per week. This position provides support relating to food services. The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
- Work 24 hours per week (8:00am - 2:00pm Monday – Wednesday and Friday).
- Assist Head Chef with preparation of meals.
- Pack, wrap and seal with DK stickers all “Meals on Wheels” meals under supervision.
- Assist in cleanup of cooking pots, pans, utensils, and kitchen area.
- Comply with all health and safety rules and food standards set for the kitchen.
- Comply with rules of Kashrut in preparing meals.
- Work with volunteers in setting up and cleaning supplies for lunch.
- Keep an inventory of the pantry and report needed food items.
- Check the quality and quantity of received products.
- Be dependable and work well with customers, members, volunteers and other kitchen staff.
- Safeguard food and consumable supplies as these supplies should not be used for private or personal use.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and carry items while walking.
- Demonstrates an energetic and positive attitude.
- Professional in appearance, manner and tone.
- A team player who possesses the ability to work in a team environment.
Jewish Family Service helps you achieve success in your job search. Call or visit www.jfsdallas.org/972-437-9950 about career and coaching services, job resources & networking.
Forward resumes to email@example.com.